When packing for this reading adventure about gardening we suggest you include Weslandia by Paul Fleischman and Plant (Eyewitness Books) by David Burnie. In Weslandia, Wesley’s crop of huge, strange plants gives him the opportunity to create a civilization of his own and make new friends in the process. In Plant, detailed, full-color photographs complement the interesting facts about the fascinating world of plants, including plant anatomy and growth.
What’s in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, reading adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.