Explore counting and sequencing!
The list of suggested books includes nonfiction titles about caterpillars and butterflies and fiction books that emphasize concepts such as counting, days of the week, or how things happen in sequence. When assembling your Very Hungry Caterpillar Adventure Pack to send home, simply include a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar and one of the nonfiction or concept books suggested.
Get the books
The featured books were chosen for their quality and availability in most school and public libraries. For other book suggestions, check out the bookmark in the PDF.
What’s in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, the Reading Rockets adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.