The featured books for the Time Adventure Pack are The Very Grouchy Ladybug, by Eric Carle, and Telling Time: How to Tell Time on Digital and Analog Clocks!, by Jules Older, illustrated by Megan Halsey. The Very Grouchy Ladybug follows a cranky bug through the hours of the day, as she argues with many animals. Classic Carle illustrations include beautiful animals, a clock, and the sun moving across the sky. Telling Time provides a fun explanation of time concepts and how to read clocks.
Get the books
The featured books were chosen for their quality and availability in most school and public libraries. For other book suggestions, check out the bookmark in the PDF.
What’s in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, the Reading Rockets adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.