Explore sleep and hibernation!
The featured books for the Sleep Adventure Pack are Time to Sleep, by Denise Fleming, and Animals Don’t Wear Pajamas, by Eve Feldman. In Time to Sleep, Bear and his animal friends help each other get ready for winter and hibernation. In the nonfiction book Animals Don’t Wear Pajamas, Feldman introduces children to the way that 16 different animals get ready to sleep.
Get the books
The featured books were chosen for their quality and availability in most school and public libraries. For other book suggestions, check out the bookmark in the PDF.
What’s in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, the Reading Rockets reading adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.