When packing for this reading adventure about robots we suggest you include Robot Dreams by Sara Varon and Robot (Eyewitness Books) by Roger Bridgman. Robot Dreams is a simple, endearing story of friendship and loss told through a wordless graphic novel. Robot offers a detailed, full-color guide to the fascinating world of machines that sense, think and act, including the history of artificial intelligence and robots at work.
What’s in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, reading adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.