The featured books for the Dinosaurs Adventure Pack are Dinosaurs, by Gale Gibbons, and Danny and the Dinosaur, by Syd Hoff. During a visit to a museum, Danny encounters a dinosaur that turns out to be real and they leave the museum for a day of adventure in Danny and the Dinosaur. Gail Gibbons, a leading author in nonfiction for children, offers an excellent introduction to dinosaurs of many shapes and sizes in Dinosaurs.
What’s in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, the Reading Rockets adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.