The complete question
If you choose to work directly with your child, the following articles are full of suggestions and ideas for increasing reading comprehension skills:
- Reading Aloud to Build Comprehension
- Improving Reading Comprehension for Students with LD
- Comprehension Instruction: What Works
- Tips for Encouraging Kids to Read
- Getting Your Child to Love Reading
You may also want to find a local tutor to work with your child. You can contact a tutor through a local university, church, library or in the yellow pages for your community. The LD OnLine Yellow Pages might also be helpful.
Lastly, school administrators and guidance counselors can help you locate services.