Can you recommend summer camps especially for kids with special needs?
As a non-profit organization, we cannot recommend specific camps. We can, however, direct you to articles with the information you need. It is important to be a careful consumer when looking for a program for a child with special needs. If possible, visit the site and talk with previous clients first.
Here are some articles you may be interested in:
- Helping You Choose a Summer Camp for Your LD Child
- Make the Right Choice
- Selecting a Summer Camp for a Child with Learning or Attention Problems
Additional resources found on LD OnLine include:
- DO-IT Summer Camps
- Kids' Camps is a comprehensive online directory of camps and summer experiences.
- National Camp Association offers tips and insight for parents and children.
- Learning Camp
- Camp Nuhop is a summer camp for children with learning disabilities, behavioral disorders, and attention deficit disorders (in Ohio & Colorado).
- The Directory of Summer Camps for Children with Learning Disabilities is available from the Learning Disabilities Association
Here are a few other resources: