The Exquisite Prompt Write It, Film It Video Contest
The Write It! Film It! summer video contest is now closed. Thanks to all of the creative kids who entered our nationwide contest.
Congratulations to these talented young writers and filmmakers, whose work has earned them a spot in our winner's circle.
Level I: ages 7-10
Gold: Death at the Park (Silent Movie) by Bruce R.
Silver: The Midnight Ride of … Tom? (Science Fiction) by Nathan M.
Bronze: Rick Meets Lincoln (Science Fiction) by Rick
Level II: ages 11-13
Gold: End of the Century (Science Fiction) by Zachary W.
Silver: Emily's Dark and Delicious Ice Cream (Cooking Show) by Emily R.
Level III: ages 14-18
Gold: The Three Modern Little Bears (Animation) by Jenny B.
Silver: To Catch a Thief (Superhero Action) by Ryan C. & Kishan P.
Bronze: Creative Crèpes (Cooking Show) by Regan & Taylor
Our prompts were inspired by the authors of the Exquisite Corpse Adventure.
- Silent Movie (Lemony Snicket)
- Science Fiction (Susan Cooper)
- Animation (Steven Kellogg)
- Superhero Action (Natalie Babbitt)
- Family Story (Jon Scieszka)
- Video Diary (Katherine Paterson)
- Cooking Show (Kate DiCamillo)
Entries were judged on creativity, theme development, and technical quality. And if appropriate to the prompt, entries were also judged on character development and research and factual accuracy.
Entries from each level were eligible for a Gold Award, Silver Award, or Bronze Award.
- Winners from each competition level will have their video published on Reading Rockets, AdLit.org, and our YouTube channel.
- Gold Award winners will receive a Flip HD video camera, a collection of books and DVDs, and movie tickets.
- Silver Award and Bronze Award winners will receive books, DVDs, and movie tickets.