Blogs About Reading
Aiming for Access
June Behrmann is a longtime special education teacher (pre-K to grade 6) who retired for about two seconds, and is now prospecting for accessible instructional resources. Follow June on Twitter @aimnoncat. Thank you to AIM-VA: Accessible Instructional Materials for sharing this blog with us.
8 Reliable Sources Share Apps That Create Access to Curriculum Content Across Grade Levels
Access to instruction means everything if struggling readers are to keep pace with their grade-level peers. AIM-VA blog readers love our stories about chosen apps and websites that help to by-pass textbooks, trade books or other traditional learning materials in print when they prove to be barriers to learning.
The following are lists of favorite apps that are shared by reliable sources. They support all learners and may hold special value for struggling students who are working with accessible educational materials (AEM) as part of their Individualized Education Program plans.
- 12 Great Math Apps for Students of All Ages, by AK Whitney on the Jan. 12 noodle.com website
- Teachers With Apps: Best Apps of 2015, a short list with apps that met criteria for educational value that are "changing the landscape of how kids learn"
- 2015 Award Winners: Best Learning Apps & Games of the Year, on Dec. 31, 2015 from BaleFire Labs after reviewing more than 1200 educational apps and games these stood out for their "strong instructional design and usability"
- Apps for Dyslexia,Infographic on Nov. 29, 2015 by Judy Hanning on the LearningSuccessblog.com website
- Best Kids Apps of 2015, on Dec. 22, 2015 on the techwithkids.com website
- 13 Bloom’s Taxonomy apps for showing true thinking skills, by Stephen NooNoo on the Nov. 17th eschoolnews.com website
- 4 Good Digital Storytelling Apps for Android, on the Nov. 21 educatorstechnology.com website
- Top 10 Apps 2015, by Daryl Grabarek on the SLJ.com website
Thank you to AIM-VA: Accessible Instructional Materials for sharing this blog with our Reading Rockets audience.