Reading SOS: Expert Answers to Family Questions About Reading
NEW! In this special Reading Rockets video series, experts answer real questions from families about reading and how to support their children at home.
Writing SOS: Expert Answers to Family Questions About Writing
NEW! In this special Reading Rockets video series, experts answer real questions from families about wrting and how to support their children at home.
Reading 101: A Guide for Parents
NEW! In this guide, you'll find out what it takes to learn to read (and write) and how you can help your children grow as readers, writers, and learners!
Launching Young Readers Series
Our PBS series explores reading and writing development in young children. The programs feature top reading experts, best practices in the classroom, support for struggling learners and how parents can help their kids succeed.
Reading and learning with your child
Reading Tips for Parents
Read. Talk. Explore.
- Reading Adventure Packs
Hands-on fun and learning with themed fiction and nonfiction books.
- Start with a Book
24 kid-friendly themes, books, hands-on activities, apps, websites and more!
Early literacy (birth to pre-K)
- Roots of Reading
- Toddling Toward Reading
- Pre-K Guide: Reading and Writing Readiness
- Simple Yet Powerful Things to Do While Reading Aloud
- Reading Tips for Parents of Babies (in multiple languages)
- Reading Tips for Parents of Toddlers (in multiple languages)
- Reading Tips for Parents of Preschoolers (in multiple languages)
- Activities to Encourage Speech and Language Development
- Preschool Reading Readiness Screener (Nemours BrightStart!)