Reading Adventure Pack: Green Eggs and Ham
Go on a Seussian Green Eggs and Ham reading adventure! Teachers can support reading together at home with our reading adventure packs — designed to encourage hands-on fun and learning centered around paired fiction and nonfiction books. (Level: Kindergarten)
Explore your five senses!
The featured books for the Green Eggs and Ham Adventure Pack are Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Seuss, and Me and My Senses, by Joan Sweeney. In the Seuss classic Green Eggs and Ham, Sam-I-Am is ever so persistent in trying to convince you that green eggs and ham really are delicious! In the nonfiction book Me and My Senses, the author introduces children to the five senses and how they work independently and together.
Get the books
The featured books were chosen for their quality and availability in most school and public libraries. However, if you would like to purchase the books, here are the links:
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Me and My Senses by Joan Sweeney
What's in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, the Reading Rockets reading adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.