Reading Adventure Pack: Robots
Go on a "robot" reading adventure! Teachers can support reading together at home with our reading adventure packs — designed to encourage hands-on fun and learning centered around paired fiction and nonfiction books. (Level: Second or Third Grade)
When packing for this reading adventure about robots we suggest you include Robot Dreams by Sara Varon and Robot (Eyewitness Books) by Roger Bridgman. Robot Dreams is a simple, endearing story of friendship and loss told through a wordless graphic novel. Robot offers a detailed, full-color guide to the fascinating world of machines that sense, think and act, including the history of artificial intelligence and robots at work.
Get the books
Reading Rockets carefully chose these titles because they are widely available in libraries and appealing to young readers. If they are not available, or you prefer other titles, substitute books related to the theme. You'll find more books about robots on the bookmark included in the pack and at WorldCat. If you would like to purchase the books, here are the links:
Robot Dreams by Sara Varon
Robot (DK Eyewitness Books)
by Roger Bridgman
What's in the reading adventure pack?
- Parent information sheet with an introductory note that teachers can personalize, instructions about how to use the packet, and tips for sharing fiction and nonfiction books with children
- Two books: one fiction and one nonfiction, selected by Reading Rockets for high quality and wide availability in school libraries
- Creativity Activity: a hands-on craft project
- Imagination Activity: encourages imaginative play, writing, or drawing
- Get Real Activity: focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child
- Bookmark: lists the featured titles and alternative titles
- Parent survey
While designed as a school-to-home project, reading adventure packs are also great for summer programs, after-school programs, and home-schoolers.