Know When Your Child Is Struggling in School
Here are some things to watch for that may suggest that your child is a struggling reader.
- have difficulty remembering lessons?
- hate to read aloud?
- guess at words?
- continue to need to sound out most words on a page?
- struggle as he is working to sound out the words?
- read slowly with a very choppy sound?
- complain that he or she doesn't understand what he or she's read?
If so, talk with your school about getting your child some extra help. You also may want to consult with a private reading specialist.