"I'm Done, Now What?": A List of Things Students Can Do After Seat Work
Children work at different paces. Here are some suggestions for how to keep your speedy workers occupied while their classmates finish their assignments.
- Check your work for errors. Can I make it better?
- Read a book.
- Write in your journal.
- Write a story.
- Help someone else.
- Tidy up your desk/table.
- Tidy up the class room.
- Catch up on some home work.
- Ask to go and help out in another class.
- Study for a test.
- Write notes to someone else who also is done.
- Go to the library and sign out a book.
- Work on the computer.
- Read a book to/with someone else who also is done.
- Take a nap at your desk/table.
- Ask the teacher if there is anything else you can do.